Join a Rock Band!
The rock band program is a unique experience for students to learn an instrument, hone their rhythm skills, collaborate with fellow musicians, and perform.
Bands meet for 1-hour each week, working together to learn and perform songs of their choice with the help of an experienced music instructor.
The eight to ten week program concludes with a technical rehearsal and final rock concert.
The program is open to students 7+ including new beginners. Adults are also welcome! Students can register as a band with their friends or family, or we can match you with a group of similar age and experience. If joining as an individual, placement is not guaranteed but will will do our best to place each student in a band of similar age and experience level.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Summer 2018 Session Dates
- June 11th-June 29th - Registration opens
- July 9th - First weekly practices begin
- August 24th - Tech Rehearsal at The Rock Stop (In addition to normal weekly practice)
- August 26th - The final show produced by The Rock Stop at Little Fleet
Fall 2018 Session Dates
- August 27th-September 7th - Registration opens
- September 10th - First weekly practice begins
- November 16th - Tech Rehearsal at The Rock Stop (in addition to normal weekly practice)
- November 18th - The final show produced by The Rock Stop
The showcase starts at 5pm but all musicians should report to the venue at 4:30pm to look at the lineup and get your gear tuned and organized.
Feel free to let us know anytime if you are interested in joining a band. We will place you on a waiting list and contact you once registration begins.
The cost is $20 per week per student and $20 for an additional Technical Rehearsal the last week. Full tuition for the Summer Session will be $160. We accept block payments or as-you-go on a weekly basis.
The Rock Stop cancellation policy also applies to Rock Band Sessions, please see our Policies for more information.
To register, please let us know your preferred and no-go dates for weekly practice, as well as preferred band placement. We work with you to set a time for weekly band practice, and scheduling is first come first serve.