The Rock Stop is a music school in downtown Traverse City. We offer music lessons, a rock band program, and professional recording services. The rock band program allows students to join and form bands, learning music as a group with the help of an instructor, and culminates in a final performance at a local venue.
The Rock Stop is in its second year, and seeks a part-time reception and social media specialist to join our growing team. A successful candidate will demonstrate a high level of competence in customer service and social media (FaceBook, Instagram, Twitter) as well as enthusiasm for working with students in a positive setting.
Our mission is to engage students with music they are interested in, setting them up for a lifetime of both musical skill and appreciation. We work hard to maintain a positive and professional environment.
- Answering phones and responding to email inquiries
- Answering the door, greeting students and parents, and answering any questions they may have as well as setting up new students
- Taking and recording payments
- Social Media posts and responses to comments, likes, and messages
- Assisting with minor administration such as canceling or rescheduling lessons for those in the office, making copies of materials, entering data and filingPossibly assisting with creation of programs and brochures
- Staffing tech rehearsals and Rock Stop showcase performances, including, potentially, loading and unloading gear, interacting with venue staff, troubleshooting sound, taking photos, interacting with students and parents with professionalism and enthusiasm, and/or other duties depending on needs and interest
- Creating a safe and confidential environment for students and their families
Core attributes and experience desired:
- Excellent communication skills and an emphasis on customer service
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to think creatively and problem solve
- Must demonstrate enthusiasm for working with students and for music
- A high-level of competence with computers, the internet, and social media for business
- At least 2 years experience in retail or customer service
- Ability to work independently with a strong understanding of the voice and needs of the business
This position will begin with an on-the-job training period (fully paid) that will include assisting our administrator with duties for several hours a week, and will build to taking on tasks individually. It is unlikely that total weekly hours will ever exceed 10-12 hours.
Specific hours will be based on teacher availability and student demand, and will typically be within the window of 3pm and 7pm M-F during the school year, with more flexible summer hours. We work with our teachers to schedule students in blocks during their availability, but expect good communication to ease this process.
If interested, please send your relevant experience, availability, and contact information to email@example.com with subject line “Part-time Reception and Social Media Specialist.”
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00/hour starting wage