The Rock Stop is a music school downtown Traverse City. We offer music lessons, a rock band program, and professional recording services. Explore our website to learn more about what we offer.
The Rock Stop is seeking a part-time reception and social media specialist to join our growing team. A successful candidate will demonstrate a high level of competence in customer service, social media, and computer-based skills. A candidate will also help provide a positive and exciting experience for every student.
Our mission is to engage students with music they are interested in, setting them up for a lifetime of musical skill and appreciation. We work hard to maintain a positive and professional environment.
- Answering phones and responding to email inquiries
- Answering the door, greeting students and parents, answering any questions they may have
- Taking and recording payments
- Social media posts and responding to comments or messages
- Minor administrations tasks such as canceling or rescheduling lessons, making copies of materials, printing sheet music or lyrics, creating show programs
- Staffing tech rehearsals and Rock Stop showcases including unloading/loading gear, taking photos, emcee showcases, and interacting with students and parents with enthusiasm and professionalism
- Creating a safe environment for students and their families
Core attributes and experience desired:
- Excellent communication skills with an emphasis on customer service
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve
- Must demonstrate enthusiasm for working with students and for music
- A high-level of competence with computers, the internet, and social media for business
- Ability to work independently
This position will begin with on-the-job training with our administrator and build to taking tasks individually. It is unlikely your total weekly hours will exceed 10-12 hours.
Specific hours will be based on teacher availability and student demand. Typically in he window of 3pm and 7pm M-F during the school year with more flexible hours during the summer.
If interested, please send your relevant experience, availability, and contact information to email@example.com.